October 12, 2012

Classic Hollywood

Paul Williams was an amazing architect who designed houses and buildings throughout the Los Angeles area from the 1920's to the 1970's. His vast range of styles went from Art Deco to Spanish Mediterranean. He worked on both commercial and residential projects but it's his houses that really speak to me. There isn't one that I wouldn't gladly live in! What an impressive career this man had...oh and by the way he came from nothing...he was orphaned when he was 4 years old.









2 comments:

  1. I loved reading about Mr. Williams the space station builing at the L.A. airport is iconic. The restaurant in the sky has fabulous food as well. Not that I can ever eat is as I am perpetually on an "eating plan."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first opportunity to visit this website. I found some interesting things and I will apply to the development of my blog. Thanks for sharing useful information.

    ReplyDelete