April 25, 2012

Pushed Over the Edge

The first time I ever saw an infinity edged swimming pool was in the mid nineties and I thought it was the most amazing idea!! I don't know who thought of it so I looked it up on Wiki and got this vague answer...

"The infinity pool design concept is said to have originated in France, where one of the first vanishing edge designs was utilized in the "Stag Fountain" at the Palace of Versailles in the early 1600s."

Via (Hollins Abroad)


OK, well, I don't who brought this magnificent style into modern times but I am sure glad they did!These pools are typically found at resorts and hotels where the view is stunning. Check out a few examples..

Hotel Caruso Belvedere, Ravello, Italy


Intercontinental Hotel Hong Kong


Ritz Carlton Jimbaran Bay


Marisol Malibu Private Residence

No comments:

Post a Comment